M10990 Analyzing Data with SQL Server Reporting Services
This 5-day instructor led course provides students with analyzing data using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. The course discusses how to use the development tools to create and manage reports, manage, expand Reporting Services and implement self-service BI solutions.
Accredited course for Continuing Education of Pedagogical Staff
Course length: 5
PDF to download
Expand allCollapse all
|Date||Place||Language||Price (without VAT)||Availability
03/02/2020 - 03/06/2020
||35 000 CZK
04/20/2020 - 04/24/2020
||35 000 CZK
06/01/2020 - 06/05/2020
||35 000 CZK
Students will be able to
- Describe key features of data modeling and various report services within business intelligence.
- Create reports with Reporting Services.
- Enhance reports with graphics and parameters.
- Expand and integrate reporting services.
- Manage report execution and delivery.
- Create Mobile reports.
- T-SQL language
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system
This course is intended for
This course is intended for end users, Database Administrators, Database Developers, and BI professionals.
All participants will get original Microsoft student materials.
Classrooms are equipped with high-performance computers with Internet access and the possibility of wireless connection.
Module 1: Introduction to Reporting Services
- Lesson 1: Introduction to reporting services
- Lesson 2: Reporting services components
- Lesson 3: Reporting services tools
- Lab: Exploring reporting services
Module 2: Reporting Services Data Sources
- Lesson 1: Data sources
- Lesson 2: Connection strings
- Lesson 3: Datasets
- Lab: Configuring data access with report builder
Module 3: Creating Paginated Reports
- Lesson 1: Creating a report with the report wizard
- Lesson 2: Creating a report
- Lesson 3: Showing data graphically in a report
- Lab: Creating a report
Module 4: Working with Reporting Services Data
- Lesson 1: Data filters
- Lesson 2: Report parameters
- Lesson 3: Implementing report filters and parameters
- Lab: Create a parameterized report
Module 5: Visualizing Data with Report Services
- Lesson 1: Formatting data
- Lesson 2: Images and charts
- Lesson 3: Databars, sparklines, indicators, gauges, and maps
- Lab: Manage formatting
Module 6: Summarizing Report Data
- Lesson 1: Sorting and grouping
- Lesson 2: Report sub-reports
- Lesson 3: Drilldown and drill through
- Lab: Summarizing report data
Module 7: Sharing Reporting Services Reports
- Lesson 1: Schedules
- Lesson 2: Report caching, snapshots, and comments
- Lesson 3: Report subscription and delivery
- Lab: Sharing reporting services reports
Module 8: Administering Reporting Services
- Lesson 1: Administering reporting services
- Lesson 2: Reporting services configuration
- Lesson 3: Reporting services performance
- Lab: Administering reporting services
Module 9: Extending and Integrating Reporting Services
- Lesson 1: Expressions and embedded code
- Lesson 2: Extending reporting services
- Lesson 3: Integrating reporting services
- Lab: Extending and integrating reporting services
Module 10: Introduction to Mobile Reports
- Lesson 1: Overview of mobile reports
- Lesson 2: Preparing data for mobile reports
- Lesson 3: Mobile report publisher
- Lab: Introduction to mobile reports
Module 11: Developing Mobile Reports
- Lesson 1: Designing and publishing mobile reports
- Lesson 2: Drillthrough in mobile reports
- Lab: Developing mobile reports