M10998 Updating Your Skills to SQL Server 2017
This two-day instructor led training course is aimed at database professionals looking to update their skills to cover SQL Server 2017.
Accredited course for Continuing Education of Pedagogical Staff
Course length: 2
List price: 14 300 CZK (without VAT)
This course has no dates set. If you are interested in setting a new one, please contact
PDF to download
Expand allCollapse all
Students will be able to
- Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2017
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server Performance, Availability, and Scalability
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server data access
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server reporting and BI
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server OLAP
- Describe new and enhanced data analytics features
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server Cloud deployments
- Describe SQL Server on Linux functionality
- Experience of building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2016.
- Familiarity with the Windows Server 2016 operating system and networking.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 2016.
This course is intended for
This course is intended for System Administrators, Database Administrators and Database Developers.
All participants will get original Microsoft student materials.
Classrooms are equipped with high-performance computers with Internet access and the possibility of wireless connection.
Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2017
- Lesson 1: Overview of SQL Server 2017
- Lesson 2: Functionality across versions
Module 2: What’s new in SQL Server Performance, Scalability, and Availability
- Lesson 1: Adaptive query processing
- Lesson 2: Automatic tuning
- Lesson 3: Availability Scalability
- Lab: Performance and availability
Module 3: What’s New in SQL Server data Access
- Lesson 1: SQL Graph
- Lesson 2: Database engine
- Lab: SQL Graph
Module 4: What’s new in SQL Server Reporting and BI
- Lesson 1: Power BI report Server
- Lesson 2: Reporting Services update
- Lab: Reporting and BI
Module 5: New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server Analysis Services
- Lesson 1: Tabular model updates
- Lab : Ragged hierarchies, DAX
Module 6: New and Enhanced data Analytics Features
- Lesson 1: New and enhanced data analytics features
- Lab: Data analytics with Python
Module 7: What’s new in SQL Server in the Cloud
- Lesson 1: Azure SQL database features
- Lesson 1: Managed Instances
- Lab: Managed instances
Module 8: SQL Server on Linux
- Lesson 1: SQL Server on Linux
- Lesson 2: Deploying SQL Server on Linux
- Lab: SQL Server in Docker containers