M20695 Deploying Windows Desktops and Enterprise Applications
This 5-day course describes how to assess operating system and application deployment options, determine the most appropriate deployment strategy, and then implement a lite-touch or zero-touch deployment solution for Windows devices and apps. Solutions covered in this course include operating system deployment scenarios using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
Accredited course for Continuing Education of Pedagogical Staff
Course length: 5
PDF to download
Expand allCollapse all
|Date||Place||Language||Price (without VAT)||Availability
08/26/2019 - 08/30/2019
||29 500 CZK
23 600 CZK
10/14/2019 - 10/18/2019
||29 500 CZK
12/16/2019 - 12/20/2019
||29 500 CZK
Students will be able to
- Assess the network environment for supporting operating system and application deployment.
- Determine operating system deployment strategies.
- Assess application compatibility.
- Plan and implement user state migration.
- Determine an image management strategy.
- Prepare for deployments using the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK).
- Support PXE-initiated and multicast operating system deployments.
- Implement operating system deployment by using the MDT.
- Implement operating system deployment by using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
- Integrate MDT and Configuration Manager for operating system deployment.
- Activate clients and manage additional configuration settings.
- Deploy Office 2013.
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of management tasks using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
This course is intended for
This course is intended for IT professionals who deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and apps across medium/large/enterprise organizations, and for individuals who are interested in taking exam 70-695.
All participants will get original Microsoft student materials.
Classrooms are equipped with high-performance computers with Internet access and the possibility of wireless connection.
Module 1: Assessing the Network Environment for Supporting Operating System and Application DeploymentThis module provides an overview of the enterprise desktop life cycle.
- Overview of the Enterprise Desktop Life Cycle
- Assessing Hardware and Infrastructure Readiness for a Desktop Deployment
- Using MAP to Assess Deployment Readiness
Module 2: Determining Operating System Deployment StrategiesThis module explains how to identify the most appropriate operating system deployment strategy based upon
- Tools and Deployment Strategies for an Effective Operating System Deployment Strategy
- Operating System Deployment Using High-Touch with Retail Media
- Operating System Deployment Using High-Touch with Standard Image
- Operating System Deployment Using Lite-Touch
- Operating System Deployment Using Zero-Touch
- Alternative Deployment Strategies for Windows Desktops
Module 3: Assessing Application Compatibility
- Diagnosing Application Compatibility Issues
- Mitigating Application Compatibility Issues
- Using ACT to Address Application Compatibility Issues
Module 4: Planning and Implementing User State Migration
- Overview of User State Migration
- Overview of USMT 5.0
- Planning User State Migration
- Migrating User State by Using USMT
Module 5: Determining an Image Management Strategy
- Overview of the Windows Image File Format
- Overview of Image Management
Module 6: Preparing For Deployments Using Windows ADK
- Overview of the Windows Setup and Installation Process
- Preparing Boot Images Using Windows PE
- Automating and Preparing the Installation of an Image Using Windows SIM and Sysprep
- Capturing and Servicing a Reference Image
Module 7: Supporting PXE-Initiated and Multicast Operating System Deployments
- Overview of PXE-Initiated and Multicast Operating System Deployments
- Installing and Configuring the Windows DS Environment
Module 8: Implementing Operating System Deployment by Using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Planning for the MDT Environment
- Implementing MDT 2013
- Integrating Windows DS with MDT
Module 9: Implementing Operating System Deployment by Using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Overview of Operating System Deployment
- Preparing the Site for Operating System Deployment
- Deploying an Operating System Image
Module 10: Integrating MDT and Configuration Manager for Operating System Deployment
- Integrating Deployment Tools with Configuration Manager
- Reviewing the Features Provided by Integrating MDT and Configuration Manager
Module 11: Activating Clients and Managing Additional Configuration Settings
- Volume License Activation Solutions
- Determining Additional Configuration Client Settings
Module 12: Deploying Office 2013
- Methods for Deploying Microsoft Office 2013 Editions
- Customizing Office Deployments
- Deploying Office 2013 from Office 365
- Considerations for Deploying Office 2013 Using App-V
- Managing Office Settings