M20697-1 Implementing and Managing Windows 10
This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to install and configure Windows 10 desktops and devices in a Windows Server domain corporate environment. These skills include learning how to install and customize Windows 10 operating systems and apps, and configure local and remote network connectivity and storage. Students will also learn how to configure data security, device security, and network security, and maintain, update, and recover Windows 10.
Accredited course for Continuing Education of Pedagogical Staff
Course length: 3
List price: 20 600 CZK (without VAT)
This course has no dates set. If you are interested in setting a new one, please contact
PDF to download
Expand allCollapse all
Students will be able to
- Describe the important new features of Windows 10
- Install Windows 10
- Configure a device running Windows 10
- Configure network connectivity for a Windows 10 device
- Manage storage in Windows 10
- Manage files and printers
- Manage apps
- Manage data security
- Manage device security
- Implement Windows 10 features to improve network security
- Monitor and update Windows 10 devices
- Restore files, roll back drivers, and recover Windows 10 devices
- At least two years of experience in the IT field.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Understanding of Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 fundamentals.
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows Client essentials; for example, working knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 8 and/or Windows 10.
- Basic understanding of Windows PowerShell syntax.
This course is intended for
- This course is intended for IT professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops, devices, users, and associated network and security resources.
- Students who seek certification in the 70-697 Windows 10 Configuring exam will also benefit from this course.
- This course is also intended to provide skills for Enterprise Desktop/Device Support Technicians (EDSTs) who provide Tier 2 support to users who run Windows 10 desktops and devices within a Windows domain environment in medium to large enterprise organizations.
All participants will get original Microsoft student materials.
Classrooms are equipped with high-performance computers with Internet access and the possibility of wireless connection.
Chapter 1: Overview of Windows 10
- Introducing Windows 10
- Navigating the User Interface
Chapter 2: Installing Windows 10
- Installing Windows 10
- Upgrading to Windows 10
Chapter 3: Configuring Your Device
- Overview of Tools Used to Configure Windows 10
- Common Configuration Options
- Managing User Accounts
- Using OneDrive
Chapter 4: Configuring Network Connectivity
- Configuring IP Network Connectivity
- Implementing Name Resolution
- Implementing Wireless Network Connectivity
- Overview of Remote Access
Chapter 5: Managing Storage
- Overview of Storage Options
- Managing Disks, Partitions, and Volumes
- Maintaining Disks and Volumes
- Managing Storage Spaces
Chapter 6: Managing Files and Printers
- Overview of File Systems
- Configuring and Managing File Access
- Configuring and Managing Shared Folders
- Work Folders
- Managing Printers
Chapter 7: Managing Apps in Windows 10
- Overview of Providing Apps to Users
- The Windows Store
- Web Browsers
Chapter 8: Managing Data Security
- Overview of Data-Related Security Threats
- Securing Data with EFS
- Implementing and Managing BitLocker
Chapter 9: Managing Device Security
- Using Security Settings to Mitigate Threats
- Configuring UAC
Chapter 10: Managing Network Security
- Overview of Network-Related Security Threats
- Windows Firewall
- Connection Security Rules
- Windows Defender
Module 11: Troubleshooting and Recovery
- Managing Devices and Drivers
- Recovering Files
- Recovering Devices
Module 11: Maintaining Windows 10
- Updating Windows
- Monitoring Windows 10
- Optimizing Performance