M20703-1 Administering System Center Configuration Manager
This five-day course describes how to use Configuration Manager and its associated site systems to efficiently manage network resources. In this five-day course, you will learn day-to-day management tasks, including how to manage applications, client health, hardware and software inventory, operating system deployment, and software updates by using Configuration Manager. You also will learn how to optimize System Center Endpoint Protection, manage compliance, and create management queries and reports. Additionally, this course, in conjunction with Microsoft Official Course 20703-2A, helps certification candidates prepare for Exam 70-703: Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Cloud Services Integration.
Accredited course for Continuing Education of Pedagogical Staff
Course length: 5
(8:30 - 16:00)
PDF to download
Expand allCollapse all
||Place||Language||Price (without VAT)||Availability
10/05/2020 - 10/09/2020
||35 000 CZK
12/07/2020 - 12/11/2020
||35 000 CZK
Students will be able to
- Describe the features Configuration Manager and Intune include, and explain how you can use these features to manage PCs and mobile devices in an enterprise environment.
- Analyze data by using queries and reports.
- Prepare a management infrastructure, including configuring boundaries, boundary groups, and resource discovery, and integrating mobile-device management with Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Deploy and manage the Configuration Manager client.
- Configure, manage, and monitor hardware and software inventory, and use Asset Intelligence and software metering.
- Identify and configure the most appropriate method to distribute and manage content used for deployments.
- Distribute, deploy, and monitor applications for managed users and systems.
- Maintain software updates for PCs that Configuration Manager manages.
- Implement Endpoint Protection for managed PCs.
- Manage configuration items, baselines, and profiles to assess and configure compliance settings and data access for users and devices.
- Configure an operating-system deployment strategy by using Configuration Manager.
- Manage and maintain a Configuration Manager site.
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of public key infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.
This course is intended for
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses or by obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills through hands-on activities:
- Course 20697-1: Installing and Configuring Windows 10
- Course 20697-2: Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using Enterprise Services
- Course 20411: Administering Windows Server 2012
All participants will get original Microsoft student materials.
Classrooms are equipped with high-performance computers with Internet access and the possibility of wireless connection.
Module 1: Managing computers and mobile devices in the enterprise
- Lesson 1: Overview of systems management by using enterprise management solutions
- Lesson 2: Overview of the Configuration Manager architecture
- Lesson 3: Overview of the Configuration Manager administrative tools
- Lesson 4: Tools for monitoring and troubleshooting a Configuration Manager site
- Lab: Exploring the Configuration Manager tools
Module 2: Analyzing data using queries and reports
- Lesson 1: Introduction to queries
- Lesson 2: Configuring Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Lab: Creating and running queries
- Lab: Configuring SSRS
Module 3: Preparing the management infrastructure to support PCs and mobile devices
- Lesson 1: Configuring site boundaries and boundary groups
- Lesson 2: Configuring resource discovery
- Lesson 3: Configuring the Exchange Server Connector for mobile device management
- Lesson 4: Configuring user and device collections
- Lab: Configuring user and device collections
- Lab: Configuring boundaries and resource discovery
Module 4: Deploying and managing clients
- Lesson 1: Overview of the Configuration Manager client
- Lesson 2: Deploying the Configuration Manager client
- Lesson 3: Configuring and monitoring client status
- Lesson 4: Managing client settings in Configuration Manager
- Lab: Deploying the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager client software
- Lab: Configuring and monitoring client status
- Lab: Managing client settings
Module 5: Managing inventory for PCs and applications
- Lesson 1: Overview of inventory collection
- Lesson 2: Configuring hardware and software inventory
- Lesson 3: Managing inventory collection
- Lesson 4: Configuring software metering
- Lesson 5: Configuring and managing Asset Intelligence
- Lab: Configuring and managing inventory collection
- Lab: Configuring software metering
- Lab: Configuring and managing Asset Intelligence
Module 6: Distributing and managing content used for deployments
- Lesson 1: Preparing the infrastructure for content management
- Lesson 2: Distributing and managing content on distribution points
- Lab: Distributing and managing content for deployments
Module 7: Deploying and managing applications
- Lesson 1: Overview of application management
- Lesson 2: Creating applications
- Lesson 3: Deploying applications
- Lesson 4: Managing applications
- Lesson 5: Deploying virtual applications by using System Center Configuration Manager (Optional)
- Lesson 6: Deploying and managing Windows Store apps
- Lab: Managing application supersedence and removal
- Lab: Deploying virtual applications by using Configuration Manager (Optional)
- Lab: Using Configuration Manager to deploy Windows Store apps
Module 8: Maintaining software updates for managed PCs
- Lesson 1: The software updates process
- Lesson 2: Preparing a Configuration Manager site for software updates
- Lesson 3: Managing software updates
- Lesson 4: Configuring automatic deployment rules
- Lesson 5: Monitoring and troubleshooting software updates
- Lab: Configuring the site for software updates
- Lab: Deploying and managing software updates
Module 9: Implementing Endpoint Protection for managed PCs
- Lesson 1: Overview of Endpoint Protection in Configuration Manager
- Lesson 2: Configuring, deploying, and monitoring Endpoint Protection policies
- Lab: Implementing Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection
Module 10: Managing compliance and secure data access
- Lesson 1: Overview of Compliance Settings
- Lesson 2: Configuring compliance settings
- Lesson 3: Viewing compliance results
- Lesson 4: Managing resource and data access
- Lab: Managing compliance settings
Module 11: Managing operating system deployment
- Lesson 1: An overview of operating system deployment
- Lesson 2: Preparing a site for operating system deployment
- Lesson 3: Deploying an operating system
- Lesson 4: Managing Windows as a service
- Lab: Preparing thea site for operating system deployment
- Lab: Deploying operating system images for bare-metal installations
Module 12: Managing and maintaining a Configuration Manager site
- Lesson 1: Configuring role-based administration
- Lesson 2: Configuring Remote Tools
- Lesson 3: Overview of Configuration Manager site maintenance
- Lesson 4: Backing up and recovering a Configuration Manager site
- Lab: Configuring role-based administration
- Lab: Configuring Remote Tools
- Lab: Maintaining a Configuration Manager site