Identity in Windows Server 2016
This five-day instructor-led course teaches IT Pros how to deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment, how to implement Group Policy, how to perform backup and restore, and how to monitor and troubleshoot Active Directory–related issues with Windows Server 2016. Additionally, this course teaches how to deploy other Active Directory server roles such as Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS).
Accredited course for Continuing Education of Pedagogical Staff
Course length: 5 days (8:30 - 16:00)
List price: 35 000 CZK (without VAT)
This course has no dates set. If you are interested in setting a new one, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students will be able to
- Install and configure domain controllers.
- Manage objects in AD DS by using graphical tools and Windows PowerShell.
- Implement AD DS in complex environments.
- Implement AD DS sites, and configure and manage replication.
- Implement and manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Manage user settings by using GPOs.
- Secure AD DS and user accounts.
- Implement and manage a certificate authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS.
- Deploy and manage certificates.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
- Some exposure to and experience with AD DS concepts and technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience working with and an understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts.
- An awareness of basic security best practices.
- Hands-on working experience with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- Basic experience with the Windows PowerShell command-line interface.
This course is intended for
This course is primarily intended for existing IT professionals who have some AD DS knowledge and experience and who aim to develop knowledge about identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2016. This would typically include:
- AD DS administrators who are looking to train in identity and access technologies with Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to cross-train in core and advanced identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
The secondary audience for this course includes IT professionals who are looking to consolidate their knowledge about AD DS and related technologies, in addition to IT professionals who want to prepare for the 70-742 exam.
All participants will get original Microsoft student materials.
Classrooms are equipped with high-performance computers with Internet access and the possibility of wireless connection.
Chapter 1: Installing and configuring domain controllers
- Overview of AD DS
- Overview of AD DS domain controllers
- Deploying a domain controller
Chapter 2: Managing objects in AD DS
- Managing user accounts
- Managing groups in AD DS
- Managing computer objects in AD DS
- Using Windows PowerShell for AD DS administration
- Implementing and managing OUs
Chapter 3: Advanced AD DS infrastructure management
- Overview of advanced AD DS deployments
- Deploying a distributed AD DS environment
- Configuring AD DS trusts
Chapter 4: Implementing and administering AD DS sites and replication
- Overview of AD DS replication
- Configuring AD DS sites
- Configuring and monitoring AD DS replication
Chapter 5: Implementing Group Policy
- Introducing Group Policy
- Implementing and administering GPOs
- Group Policy scope and Group Policy processing
- Troubleshooting the application of GPOs
Chapter 6: Managing user settings with Group Policy
- Implementing administrative templates
- Configuring Folder Redirection, Software Installation, and Scripts
- Configuring Group Policy preferences
Chapter 7: Securing Active Directory Domain Services
- Securing domain controllers
- Implementing account security
- Implementing audit authentication
- Configuring managed service accounts
Chapter 8: Deploying and managing AD CS
- Deploying CAs
- Administering CAs
- Troubleshooting and maintaining CAs
Chapter 9: Deploying and managing certificates
- Deploying and managing certificate templates
- Managing certificate deployment, revocation, and recovery
- Using certificates in a business environment
- Implementing and managing smart cards
Chapter 10: Monitoring, managing, and recovering AD DS
- Monitoring AD DS
- Managing the Active Directory database
- Active Directory backup and recovery options for AD DS and other identity and access solutions
Prices do not include VAT. OKsystem a.s. reserves the right to change dates and prices of courses.