M20745 Implementing a Software-Defined DataCenter
This five-day course explains how to implement and manage virtualization infrastructure in a software-defined datacenter by using System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager. The course also describes how to monitor the infrastructure by using System Center Operations Manager and protect it by using Data Protection Manager.
Accredited course for Continuing Education of Pedagogical Staff
Course length: 5
(8:30 - 16:00)
PDF to download
Expand allCollapse all
||Place||Language||Price (without VAT)||Availability
04/26/2021 - 04/30/2021
||35 000 CZK
28 000 CZK
06/21/2021 - 06/25/2021
||35 000 CZK
Students will be able to
- Explain the different virtualization options.
- Install and manage Hyper-V on Windows Server 2016.
- Install and configure System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage storage fabric and fabric updates.
- Configure and manage the Virtual Machine Manager library and library objects.
- Manage the networking fabric.
- Create and manage virtual machines by using Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage clouds in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage services in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Monitor a virtualization infrastructure by using System Center Operations Manager.
- Implement and manage Hyper-V Replica and Azure Site Recovery.
- Protect virtualization infrastructure by using Data Protection Manager.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- An understanding of different storage technologies and concepts
- Familiarity with different types of virtualizations
- Familiarity with Windows Server and Windows Server administration
- An understanding of Windows PowerShell
Students should have the ability to work in a team/virtual team and possess good documentation and communication skills.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
This course is intended for
- This course is intended for IT professionals and administrators who are responsible for designing, implementing, and managing virtualization infrastructure in a software-defined datacenter by using System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager. The main focus of this course is on managing Hyper-V virtualization infrastructure in Windows Server 2016, although the course also covers other virtualization platforms that can be managed by using Virtual Machine Manager 2016.
All participants will get original Microsoft student materials.
Classrooms are equipped with high-performance computers with Internet access and the possibility of wireless connection.
Chapter 1: Introduction to server virtualization
- Overview of Microsoft Virtualization
- Introduction to the software-defined datacenter
- Extending virtualization to the cloud
Chapter 2: Overview of Hyper-V virtualization
- Installing and configuring the Hyper-V role
- Creating and managing virtual hard disks and virtual machines
- Creating and using Hyper-V virtual switches
- Implementing failover clustering with Hyper-V
Chapter 3: Installing and configuring System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager
- Overview of System Center 2016 VMM
- Installing System Center 2016 VMM
- Adding hosts and managing host groups
Chapter 4: Managing storage fabric and fabric updates
- Overview of server virtualization storage technologies
- Managing storage fabric
- Managing fabric updates
Chapter 5: Configuring and managing the Virtual Machine Manager library and library objects
- Overview of the VMM library
- Preparing Windows for deployment in VMM
- Working with profiles
- Working with virtual machine templates
Chapter 6: Managing the networking fabric
- Networking concepts in VMM
- Managing Software-Defined Networking
- Understanding network function virtualization
Chapter 7: Creating and managing virtual machines by using Virtual Machine Manager
- Virtual machine management tasks
- Creating, cloning, and converting virtual machines
Chapter 8: Managing clouds in System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager
- Introduction to clouds
- Creating and managing a cloud
- Creating user roles in VMM
Chapter 9: Managing services in Virtual Machine Manager
- Overview of services in VMM
- Creating and managing services in VMM
Chapter 10: Monitoring a virtualization infrastructure by using System Center Operations Manager
- Operations Manager architecture and security
- Using Operations Manager for monitoring and reporting
- Integrating Operations Manager with VMM and DPM
Chapter 11: Implementing and managing Hyper-V Replica and Azure Site Recovery
- Implementing and managing Hyper-V Replica
- Implementing and managing Azure Site Recovery
Chapter 12: Protecting a virtualization infrastructure by using Data Protection Manager
- Overview of backup and restore options for virtual machines
- Configuring and managing DPM for virtualization infrastructure protection