M20778 Analyzing Data with Power BI
This 3-day instructor led course is intended for anyone responsible for analyzing and reporting data with Power BI. The course includes creating visualizations, data sets, transforn data, using and administrating Power BI Service including the Power BI Mobile App.
Accredited course for Continuing Education of Pedagogical Staff
Course length: 3
PDF to download
Expand allCollapse all
|Date||Place||Language||Price (without VAT)||Availability
09/09/2019 - 09/11/2019
||21 000 CZK
14 560 CZK
11/11/2019 - 11/13/2019
||21 000 CZK
18 200 CZK
Students will be able to
- Perform Power BI desktop data transformation.
- Describe Power BI desktop modelling.
- Create a Power BI desktop visualization.
- Implement the Power BI service.
- Describe how to connect to Excel data.
- Describe how to collaborate with Power BI data.
- Connect directly to data stores.
- Describe the Power BI developer API.
- Describe the Power BI mobile app.
- Install and use Power BI Server
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of relational databases
This course is intended for
- This course is intended for anyone responsible for analyzing data.
- The course will likely be attended to report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data using Power BI.
All participants will get original Microsoft student materials.
Classrooms are equipped with high-performance computers with Internet access and the possibility of wireless connection.
Module 1: Power BI Desktop Data Transformations
- Lesson 1: What is Power BI?
- Lesson 2: Power BI data
- Lesson 3: Transformations
- Lab: Import Data to Power BI
Module 2: Power BI Desktop Modeling
- Lesson 1: Optimizing data models
- Lesson 2: Calculations
- Lesson 3: Hierarchies
- Lab: Manage Power BI data
Module 3: Power BI Desktop Visualization
- Lesson 1: Visualizing your data
- Lesson 2: Working with multiple visualizations
- Lab: Create reports with visualizations
Module 4: Power BI Service and Power BI Server
- Lesson 1: Working with the Power BI service
- Lesson 2: Configuring a dashboard
- Lesson 3: Viewing a Power BI Dashboard
- Lesson 4: Power BI Server
- Lab: Implementing the Power BI service
Module 5: Working with Excel
- Lesson 1: Importing data from excel
- Lesson 2: Analyzing data in Excel
- Lab: Working with Excel
Module 6: Organization Content Packs, Security, and groups
- Lesson 1: Collaboration
- Lesson 2: Content packs
- Lab: Working with Organization Content Packs
Module 7: Direct Connectivity
- Lesson 1: Cloud data
- Lesson 2: Connecting to analysis services
- Lab: Direct Connectivity
Module 8: Developer API
- Lesson 1: The developer API
- Lesson 2: Custom visuals
- Lab: Using the developer API
Module 9: Power BI mobile app
- Lesson 1: The Power BI mobile app
- Lesson 2: Using the Power BI mobile app
- Lesson 3: Power BI embedded