Developing Applications Using Cisco Core Platforms and APIs
The Developing Applications using Cisco Core Platforms and APIs (DEVCOR) v1.0 course helps you prepare for Cisco DevNet Professional certification and for professional-level network automation engineer roles. You will learn how to implement network applications using Cisco® platforms as a base, from initial software design to diverse system integration, as well as testing and deployment automation. The course gives you hands-on experience solving real world problems using Cisco Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and modern development tools.
Accredited course for Continuing Education of Pedagogical Staff
Course length: 5 days (8:30 - 16:00)
Students will be able to
- Describe the architectural traits and patterns that improve application maintainability
- Describe the architectural traits and patterns that improve application serviceability
- Identify steps to design and build a ChatOps application
- Implement robust Representational State Transfer (REST) API integrations with network error handling, pagination, and error flow control
- Describe the necessary steps for securing user and system data in applications
- Describe the necessary steps for securing applications
- Identify common tasks in automated application release process
- Describe best practices for application deployment
- Describe methodologies for designing distributed systems
- Describe the concepts of infrastructure configuration management and device automation
- Utilize Yet Another Next Generation (YANG) data models to describe network configurations and telemetry
- Compare various relational and nonrelational database types and how to select the appropriate type based on requirements
- Knowledge of program design and coding with focus on Python
- Familiarity with Ethernet, TCP/IP, and Internet-related networking
- Understand the utilization of APIs
- Understanding of software development and design methodologies
- Hands-on experience with a programming language (specifically Python)
This course is intended for
- Network engineers expanding their skill-base to include software and automation
- Developers expanding expertise in automation and DevOps
- Solution architects moving to the Cisco ecosystem
- Infrastructure developers designing hardened production environments.
- Senior network automation engineer, Senior software developer, Senior system integration programmer
- Senior infrastructure architect, Senior network designer, Senior test development engineer
All participants will get original Cisco student and lab guides and time limited remote access to lab environment.
Labs are practiced on Cisco delivered Virtual lab environment. Classrooms are equipped with high-performance computers with Internet access and the possibility of wireless connection.
- Designing for Maintainability
- Designing for Serviceability
- Implementing ChatOps Application
- Describing Advanced REST API Integration
- Securing Application Data
- Securing Web and Mobile Applications
- Automating Application-Release
- Deploying Applications
- Understanding Distributed Systems
- Orchestrating Network and Infrastructure
- Modeling Data with YANG
- Using Relational and Non-Relational Databases
* Points in italics are defined as self-study according to the Cisco's company official curriculum.
Prices do not include VAT. OKsystem a.s. reserves the right to change dates and prices of courses.