PowerBI Microsoft Power BI Desktop
This 3-day course will teach users how to use Microsoft Power BI, perform data analysis, create dashboards and reports using Microsoft Power BI Desktop. The course includes import and transformation of data, creation and modification of a data model, use of DAX language for calculations, creation of visualizations and publication of results. The course uses the Power BI Desktop tool, the PowerBI.com service and the Power BI Report Server.
Accredited course for Continuing Education of Pedagogical Staff
Course length: 3
(08:30 - 16:00)
PDF to download
Expand allCollapse all
||Place||Language||Price (without VAT)||Availability
12/08/2021 - 12/10/2021
||17 700 CZK
Students will be able to
- Import data from various sources using Power BI Desktop.
- Perform data transformations.
- Create a data model, perform calculations in DAX language and create visualizations and reports in Power BI Desktop.
- Publish results to PowerBI.com or Power BI Report Server.
- Set permissions and access for users.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
This course is intended for
The course is intended for users who are responsible for processing, analyzing, visualizing and publishing data in the form of reports and dashboards using Power BI Desktop and Power BI service.
All participants will receive internal OKsystem materials.
Classrooms are equipped with high-performance computers with Internet access and the possibility of wireless connection.
Module 1: Power BI Desktop
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Power BI
- Lesson 2: Power BI data
- Lesson 3: Data transformation
- Lab: Import data into Power BI
Module 2: Power BI data models
- Lesson 1: Creation and optimization of data models
- Lesson 2: Calculations in DAX
- Lesson 3: Hierarchy, relations, measures, calculated columns
- Lesson 4: Row Level Security
- Lab: Power BI data
Module 3: Power BI visualization
- Lesson 1: Data visualization
- Lesson 2: Working with multiple visualizations
- Lesson 3: Data filtering, parameterization
- Exercises: Creating reports and dashboards
Module 4: Publication to Power BI service and Power BI Report Server
- Lesson 1: Working with Power BI
- Lesson 2: Report and Dashboard Configuration
- Lesson 3: Power BI Report Server
- Lesson 4: Setting permissions for users
- Lab: Publication in Power BI
Module 5: Direct connectivity versus data import
- Lesson 1: Data import, settings
- Lesson 2: Direct Query, settings
- Exercises: Direct connectivity