DB-TUNING Performance Tuning and Optimizing SQL Databases
This 4-day instructor led course provides students to optimize and tune SQL Server and databases with SQL Server tools. The aim is to solve the bottlenecks to increase performance.
Accredited course for Continuing Education of Pedagogical Staff
Course length: 4
(8:30 - 16:00)
PDF to download
Expand allCollapse all
||Place||Language||Price (without VAT)||Availability
08/10/2020 - 08/13/2020
||23 600 CZK
18 880 CZK
10/12/2020 - 10/15/2020
||23 600 CZK
12/01/2020 - 12/04/2020
||23 600 CZK
Students will be able to
- Describe the high level architectural overview of SQL Server and its various components.
- Describe the SQL Server execution model, waits and queues.
- Describe core I/O concepts, Storage Area Networks and performance testing.
- Describe architectural concepts and best practices related to data files for user databases and TempDB.
- Describe architectural concepts and best practices related to Concurrency, Transactions, Isolation Levels and Locking.
- Describe architectural concepts of the Optimizer and how to identify and fix query plan issues.
- Describe architectural concepts, troubleshooting scenarios and best practices related to Plan Cache.
- Describe architectural concepts, troubleshooting strategy and usage scenarios for Extended Events.
- Explain data collection strategy and techniques to analyze collected data.
- Understand techniques to identify and diagnose bottlenecks to improve overall performance.
- Basic knowledge of T-SQL.
- Basic knowledge of SQL Server databases.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
This course is intended for
This course is intended for end users, Database Administrators, Database Developers, and BI professionals.
All participants will get internal OKsystem student materials.
Classrooms are equipped with high-performance computers with Internet access and the possibility of wireless connection.
Module 1: SQL Server Architecture
- Lesson 1: SQL Server Components and SQLOS
- Lesson 2: Windows Scheduling vs. SQL Server Scheduling
- Lesson 3: Waits and Queues
Module 2: SQL Server I/O
- Lesson 1: Core Concepts of I/O
- Lesson 2: Storage Solutions
- Lesson 3: I/O Setup and Testing
Module 3: Database Structures
- Lesson 1: Database Structure Internals
- Lesson 2: Data File Internals
- Lesson 3: TempDB Internals
Module 4: SQL Server Memory
- Lesson 1: Windows Memory
- Lesson 2: SQL Server Memory
- Lesson 3: In-Memory OLTP
Module 5: SQL Server Concurrency
- Lesson 1: Concurrency and Transactions
- Lesson 2: Locking Internals
Module 6: Statistics and Index Internals
- Lesson 1: Statistics Internals and Cardinality Estimation
- Lesson 2: Index Internals
- Lesson 3: Columnstore Indexes
Module 7: Query Execution and Query Plan Analysis
- Lesson 1: Query Execution and Query Optimizer Internals
- Lesson 2: Query Execution Plans
- Lesson 3: Analyzing Query Execution Plans
Module 8: Plan Caching and Recompilation
- Lesson 1: Plan Cache Internals
- Lesson 2: Troubleshooting with the Plan Cache
- Lesson 3: Query Store
Module 9: Extended Events
- Lesson 1: Extended Events Core Concepts
- Lesson 2: SQL Trace, SQL Server Profiler
- Lesson 3: Working with Extended Events
Module 10: Monitoring, Tracing, and Baselines
- Lesson 1: Monitoring and Tracing
- Lesson 2: Baselining and Benchmarking