Fundamentals of SQL Language for Users
This two day training is designed for those who are starting their journey in SQL. It offers an introduction to relational databases as well as writing simple queries. The purpose of this course is to get you familiar with basic knowledge required for constructing SQL queries and is aimed for users who need it for writing uncomplicated SELECT statements and who also want to display and filter data or know how to order it. If any extension of the gained knowledge is required, we offer additional courses Writing Queries Using SQL and Writing Advanced Queries Using SQL.
The course uses Microsoft platform with the Transact-SQL dialect.
Accredited course for Continuing Education of Pedagogical Staff
Course length: 2 days (8:30 - 16:00)
Students will be able to
- Understand the principles of relational databases
- Construct simple queries in SQL, join tables and filter data
- WIlling to learn something new, gain knowledge about relational databases and the concept of querying data.
This course is intended for
Users who want to learn SQL for basic simple querying, reporting or data analysis.
All participants will get internal materials.
Classrooms are equipped with high-performance computers with Internet access and the possibility of wireless connection.
Module 1 – Introduction to SQL and Relational Databases
- Relational databases (entities, atributes, relations)
- Vendors & Tools
Module 2 – About SQL
- Types of Commands (DML, DDL, DCL)
- Language Elements (Expressions, Operators, Variables)
Module 3: Data Types and Built-In Function
- Data Types
- Built-In Functions
Module 4: The SELECT Statemoent
Module 5: Joining Tables and Sets
- SET Operators (Union, Except, intersect)
Module 6: Sorting and Ordering Data
- ORDER BY
Prices do not include VAT. OKsystem a.s. reserves the right to change dates and prices of courses.