DB-DEV Developing SQL Databases
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to design and develop Microsoft SQL Server databases, database objects, indexes and use product features and tools related to developing a database. It also deals with performance, transaction processing, error handling, special data types, including work with binary data.
Accredited course for Continuing Education of Pedagogical Staff
Course length: 5
(8:30 - 16:00)
PDF to download
Expand allCollapse all
||Place||Language||Price (without VAT)||Availability
05/17/2021 - 05/21/2021
||29 500 CZK
23 600 CZK
Students will be able to
- Design and create disk tables and in-memory tables.
- Create and design constraints to ensure integrity.
- Create and use triggers and functions.
- Design and implement stored procedures.
- Implement Managed Code in SQL Server.
- Create indexes, including Columnstore indexes.
- Save and query XML Data.
- Design and implement views.
- Work with geometric and geographical data.
- Work with binary data and documents.
- Performance tunning, handling errors and transactions.
- Basic knowledge of T-SQL.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system..
This course is intended for
This course is intended for end users, Database Administrators, Database Developers, and BI professionals.
All participants will get internal OKsystem student materials.
Classrooms are equipped with high-performance computers with Internet access and the possibility of wireless connection.
Module 1: Designing and Implementing Databases and Tables
- Lesson 1: Designing Databases
- Lesson 2: Designing Tables
- Lesson 3: Data Types
- Lesson 4: Working with Schemas
- Lesson 5: Creating and Altering Tables
- Lesson 6: Partitioning Data
- Lesson 7: Compressing Data
- Lesson 8: Change Tracking
- Lesson 9: Memory-Optimized Tables
- Lesson 10: Natively Compiled Stored Procedures
Module 2: Ensuring Data Integrity through Constraints
- Lesson 1: Enforcing Data Integrity
- Lesson 2: Implementing Data Domain Integrity
- Lesson 3: Implementing Entity and Referential Integrity
Module 3: Indexes
- Lesson 1: Core Indexing Concepts
- Lesson 2: Data Types and Indexes
- Lesson 3: Heaps, Clustered, and Nonclustered Indexes
- Lesson 4: Single Column and Composite Indexes
- Lesson 5: Index Strategies
- Lesson 6: Managing Indexes
- Lesson 7: Execution Plans
- Lesson 8: The Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Lesson 9: Query Store
- Lesson 10: Creating Columnstore Indexes
- Lesson 11: Working with Columnstore Indexes
Module 4: Views
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Views
- Lesson 2: Creating and Managing Views
- Lesson 3: Performance Considerations for Views
Module 5: Stored Procedures
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Stored Procedures
- Lesson 2: Working with Stored Procedures
- Lesson 3: Implementing Parameterized Stored Procedures
- Lesson 4: Controlling Execution Context
Module 6: User-Defined Functions
- Lesson 1: Overview of Functions
- Lesson 2: Designing and Implementing Scalar Functions
- Lesson 3: Designing and Implementing Table-Valued Functions
- Lesson 4: Considerations for Implementing Functions
- Lesson 5: Alternatives to Functions
Module 7: Triggers
- Lesson 1: Designing DML and DDL Triggers
- Lesson 2: Implementing DML and DDL Triggers
- Lesson 3: Advanced Trigger Concepts
Module 8: Implementing Managed Code
- Lesson 1: CLR Integration in SQL Server
- Lesson 2: CLR Assemblies
Module 9: Storing and Querying XML Data
- Lesson 1: Introduction to XML and XML Schemas
- Lesson 2: Storing XML Data and Schemas
- Lesson 3: Implementing the XML Data Type
- Lesson 4: Using the Transact-SQL FOR XML Statement
- Lesson 5: Getting Started with XQuery
- Lesson 6: Shredding XML
Module 10: Spatial Data
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Spatial Data
- Lesson 2: Working with SQL Server Spatial Data Types
- Lesson 3: Using Spatial Data in Applications
Module 11: Storing and Querying BLOBs and Text Documents
- Lesson 1: Considerations for BLOB Data
- Lesson 2: Working with FILESTREAM
- Lesson 3: Using Full-Text Search
Module 12: SQL Server Concurrency
- Lesson 1: Concurrency and Transactions
- Lesson 2: Locking Internals
Module 13: Performance and Monitoring
- Lesson 1: Extended Events
- Lesson 2: Working with extended Events
- Lesson 3: Live Query Statistics
- Lesson 4: Optimize Database File Configuration
- Lesson 5: Metrics