Implementing a SQL Data Warehouse
This 4-day instructor led course provides students how to design and build a data warehouse, how to implement ETL processes, how to validate, clean, consolidate and check data using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Quality Services (DQS), and Master Data Services.
Accredited course for Continuing Education of Pedagogical Staff
Course length: 4 days (8:30 - 16:00)
Students will be able to
- Describe the basic elements of data warehouse.
- Describe HW and SW requirements for data warehouse.
- Implement logical and physical data warehouse structure.
- Implement data flow in SSIS.
- Implement control flow in SSIS.
- Create dynamic packages using parameters and variables.
- Debug SSIS packages.
- Describe and implement the ETL solution.
- Implement Data Quality Services.
- Implement Master Data Services.
- Describe and use custom components to extend SSIS.
- Deploy and secure SSIS projects.
- Basic knowledge of SQL Server and databases.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
This course is intended for
This course is intended for end users, Database Administrators, IT Managers, Database Developers, and BI professionals.
All participants will get internal OKsystem student materials.
Classrooms are equipped with high-performance computers with Internet access and the possibility of wireless connection.
Module 1: Design and implementation of the data warehouse
- Lesson 1: Data Warehouses
- Lesson 2: Data Warehouse Design
- Lesson 3: Infrastructure Planning
- Lesson 4: Dimensions
- Lesson 5: Facts
- Lesson 6: Indexes
Module 2: Creating ETL solutions
- Lesson 1: Introduction to ETL using SSIS
- Lesson 2: Data Sources
- Lesson 3: Implementing Data Flow
- Lesson 4: Implementing Control Flow
- Lesson 5: Dynamic packages, parameters, variables
- Lesson 6: Checkpoints, transactions
Module 3: Debugging and Troubleshooting
- Lesson 1: Debugging packages
- Lesson 2: Logging
- Lesson 3: Troubleshooting
Module 4: Implementing Data Transfers
- Lesson 1: Incremental ETL
- Lesson 2: Extraction of modifications
- Lesson 3: Load data
- Lesson 4: Change tracking
Module 5: Data Quality Services
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Data Quality Services
- Lesson 2: Data cleansing, validation, deduplication
- Lesson 3: Implementing DQS in SSIS
Module 6: Master Data Services
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Master Data Services
- Lesson 2: Implementing the Master Data Services model
- Lesson 3: Creating the Master Data Hub
Module 7: Extending Integration Services
- Lesson 1: Using and creating scripts
- Lesson 2: Using components and connectors
Module 8: Deploying, running and configuring SSIS packages
- Lesson 1: Deploying SSIS packages, configuring SSIS
- Lesson 2: Running SSIS packages
- Lesson 3: Permissions and security
- Lesson 4: Using DW data
Prices do not include VAT. OKsystem a.s. reserves the right to change dates and prices of courses.