Developing Applications and Automating Workflows using Cisco Core Platforms
This authorized five-day course is designed to help you prepare for the Cisco DevNet Associate certification and for associate-level network automation engineer roles. The focus of this course is implementation of basic network applications using Cisco platforms as a base, as well as implementing automation workflows across network, security, collaboration and computing infrastructure. the course provides hands-on experience solving real world problems using Cisco Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and modern development tools. This course is designed for anyone who performs or seeks to perform a developer role and has one or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining applications that are built on top of Cisco platforms.
Accredited course for Continuing Education of Pedagogical Staff
Course length: 5 days (8:30 - 16:00)
Students will be able to
- Describe the importance of APIs and use of version control tools in modern software development
- Describe common processes and practices used in software development
- Describe options for organizing and constructing modular software
- Describe HTTP concepts and how they apply to network-based APIs
- Apply Representational State Transfer (REST) concepts to integration with HTTP-based APIs
- Describe Cisco platforms and their capabilities
- Describe programmability features of different Cisco platforms
- Describe basic networking concepts and interpret simple network topology
- Describe interaction of applications with the network and tools used for troubleshooting issues
- Apply concepts of model-driven programmability to automate common tasks with Python scripts
- Identify common application deployment models and components in the development pipeline
- Describe common security concerns and types of tests, and utilize containerization for local development
- Utilize tools to automate infrastructure through scripting and model-driven programmability
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic PC operating system navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Hands-on experience with a programming language (specifically Python)
- As course did not focus on python basics, we recommend to take some python course before, like our Python1 course
This course is intended for
- Software developers, application developers,
- Network automation engineer,
- System integration programmers,
- Infrastructure architect, Network designer,
- Network engineers who want to expand their skill base and validate their skills in programmability, software, and automation, and
- Students preparing for Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification.
All participants will get original Cisco student and lab guides and time limited remote access to lab environment.
Labs are practiced on Cisco delivered Virtual lab environment. Classrooms are equipped with high-performance computers with Internet access and the possibility of wireless connection.
- Practicing Modern Software Development
- Describing Software Development Process
- Designing Software
- Introducing Network-Based APIs
- Consuming REST-Based APIs
- Employing Programmability on Cisco Platforms
- Introducing Cisco Platforms
- Describing IP Networks
- Relating Network and Applications
- Employing Model-Driven Programmability with YANG
- Deploying Applications
- Testing and Securing Applications
- Automating Infrastructure
* Points in italics are defined as self-study according to the Cisco's company official curriculum.
Prices do not include VAT. OKsystem a.s. reserves the right to change dates and prices of courses.